Wheel alignment is a preventative maintenance service that is often forgotten about by most drivers. Technically speaking, its the process in which technicians adjust the relative angles of your vehicle’s tires so that they are set to the manufacturer’s optimal specifications. It’s an important service because it helps your tires stack up straight and true, greatly increasing the life of the tire and enhancing braking performance. Properly aligned wheels also have the power to improve your vehicle’s fuel economy, thereby saving you money in the long run.
Here are some signs your wheels might need to be aligned:
- Uneven wear on your tires
- You notice your car ‘turning’ to the right or left by itself and struggle with the steering wheel. This means the wheels are severely out of alignment and you should have that corrected as soon as possible.
- Without both hands on the steering wheel, your car will passively pull to the left or right.
- Your car is vibrating as you drive down the road. This happens because the wheels are pulling against each other instead of working together.
- The steering wheel may be crooked while the car or truck is going straight ahead.
Our expert mechanics at In and Out Auto Care have everything you need to make sure you get the most the most out of your set of wheels. Contact us and schedule a wheel alignment today to experience safety and efficiency at its finest.